Position: EDUCATION OUTREACH MANAGER
Workplace: Save Vietnam’s Wildlife, Cuc Phuong, Nho Quan, Ninh Binh
Report responsibility: Report to SVW’s director
Introduction of Save Vietnam’s Wildlife:
Save Vietnam’s Wildlife is a national Non-Profit organisation in Vietnam that was established in 2014.
Mission: Save Vietnam’s Wildlife works to stop the extinction and champion the recovery of threatened species in Vietnam.
- Delivering effective education programs to empower people to take informed action.
- Working with Government to effect positive, long lasting change for wildlife.
- Rescuing, rehabilitating, and releasing confiscated threatened wildlife in support of wild populations, as well as demonstrating and promoting good animal welfare.
- Increasing understanding of conservation requirements of threatened wildlife through rigorous scientific research.
- Ensuring the wildlife habitats is fully protected and local communities are engaged to protect wildlife.
Working time: Permanent position
Expected starting date: As soon as possible
Salary: To be discussed (>12.000.000 VND)
- Co-ordinate and operate the Carnivore and Pangolin Education centre at Cuc Phuong
- Setup and undertaken education outreach programs of SVW, including: mobile exhibition, school programs, raising awareness projects about targeted wildlife of SVW with the purpose to reduce illegal wildlife trade, demands and consumption.
- Support and supervise SVW’s communication activities;
- Organized and carryout training programs for government authorities, partners, students, keepers, ect
- Support the planning/ organizing of program/ event/ campaign for animals’ advocacy purpose
- Develop content for SVW’s education materials (books, leaflets, posters, etc)
- Schedule for Education Outreach team’s works and structure working process for each activity;
- Supervise and follow up the work of the team to ensure the efficiency and timeline.
- Manage and evaluate the working’s result and policy’s implement of team members;
- Manage and update SVW’s database in education outreach activities;
- Report to director (monthly, annual and as requested) about education outreach activities
- Plan and manage budget and financial plans for education outreach team.
- Write proposal to support education outreach activities
- Support fundraising and building relationship of SVW
- Advice for management members about education outreach’s strategy
- Working 5 days/ week, weekend and holiday off;
- Contributing to conservation of endangered animals and welfare of animals in Vietnam;
- Working in an internationally standardized environment with many challenges and opportunities
- Opportunity to attend national and international conference, workshop, training;
- Health insurance and social insurance;
- Young and dynamic working environment;
- Fluency in English (speaking, writing, reading, listening)
- Bachelor degree, advantage for subject related to forestry, environment, biology, natural resources management, and education.
- Two-year experience in similar postion
- Preference will be given to candidates wishing to make their career in conservation, environment education or community activities;
- Public speaking and inspiring skills
- Team work and report skills
- Management and planning skills
- Be able to withstand intensive working environment with high stress in a long period of time
- Design, photography and filming skills are advantages;
Candidates please send your application including Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in Vietnamese and English in an email with title “Application for Education Outreach Manager” to address: email@example.com before 17:00 of 18th September 2019. SVW will contact with qualified candidates.
Contact phone number: 02293848053