Working place: 30-40% working time at Save Vietnam’s Wildlife – Cuc Phuong, Ninh Binh and 40-60% at the research sites (Pu Mat National Park – Nghe An, Cat Tien National Park – Dong Nai…)
Reporting to: Field Manager
SVW is seeking an enthusiastic early-career conservationist to join our field team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in conservation in Vietnam. The successful candidate will gain research skills, practical experience in surveying rare mammals, knowledge of the conservation challenges facing pangolins and small carnivores in Vietnam, and work experience in a conservation organization. Training will be given in English; the successful candidate will work with SVW’s research team, which includes an international technical adviser.
Duration: Full-time employment, 1-year contract with the possibility of extension, 3-month probation period.
Expected starting date: As soon as possible.
Salary: Competitive salary
Responsibilities of Field Research:
- Monitoring post-release Sunda Pangolins
- Camera-trapping for rare mammals
- Data analysis of camera-trapping data; production of summary reports and visuals
- Data analysis on post-release movements of Sunda Pangolins; production of summary reports of visuals
- Liaison with government partners and other relevant authorities
- Vietnamese national
- Working proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- A Bachelor degree in Biology, Environmental Science or similar
- Proven interest in wildlife conservation
- Able to live and work in isolated and challenging conditions
- Patient and positive attitude
- Good organizational and reporting skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Working on a NGO and English speaking environment
- Opportunities for advancement in a dynamic growing organization
- Meaningful to society – there is no other job like it in the world
How to apply: Applicants are requested to send a CV and a one-page cover letter (written in English) addressing the position criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 23/05/2019
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Phone contact: 02293 848 053