SVW is seeking a data analyst to join our team. If you love numbers, data, or coding, we want to hear from you.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in conservation in Vietnam. The successful candidate will gain research skills, knowledge of the conservation challenges facing the country’s biodiversity, and work experience in a national non-profit. This position is open to anyone who fits the position criteria. If you are looking for a career change and want to work in wildlife conservation, this could be the job for you. The successful person will provide technical support across SVW’s enforcement, community and field research teams. Support and training will be given in English by an international technical adviser.
Working place: SVW’s Office, Cuc Phuong National Park or Pu Mat National Park
Reporting to: Field Manager
Duration: Full-time employment, 1-year contract with the possibility of extension, 3-month probation period.
Expected starting date: As soon as possible.
Salary: Competitive salary
Responsibilities of Data Analyst:
- Manage enforcement, field research and community data
- Ensure data quality standards are maintained across the organisation
- Collate and review trade records from SVW’s wildlife rescue operations
- Maintain a public-facing database for Vietnam’s pangolin and small carnivore species
- Engage Vietnamese social media groups and similar that have an interest in wildlife conservation and nature; promote “citizen science” for priority species in Vietnam
- Encourage national research institutes, non-profits and government agencies to share their trade and field records on threatened pangolin and carnivore species
- Vietnamese national
- Working proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- At least a Bachelor degree, preferably a Master’s degree
- Proven interest in wildlife conservation or a willingness to learn
- Ability to live and work in isolated and challenging conditions
- Patient and positive attitude
- Good organizational and reporting skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office particularly Excel
- Proven experience in a coding language such as HTML, Python or ‘R’
- Skills in GIS
- Working on a NGO and English speaking environment
- Opportunities for advancement in a dynamic growing organization
- Meaningful to society – there is no other job like it in the world
How to apply: Applicants are requested to send a CV and a one-page cover letter (written in English) addressing the position criteria to email@example.com
Application deadline: 15/03/2019
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Phone contact: 02293 848 053