BOARD MEMBER (Finance/Accounting Expertise and Fundraising Expertise)
Duration: Term length for a board member will be three (3) years with an option for an additional three years.
Expected starting date: ASAP
Introduction to the recruitment 2 new board member positions at SVW:
- One member has finance/accounting expertise (who has a minimum of 10 years working in the financial sector of NGOs and experience with financial audits and reports)
- One member has fundraising expertise (Who is a professional fundraiser, having a minimum of 5 years doing fundraising in NGOs)
The responsibility of board members:
Board membership in Save Vietnam’s Wildlife is not a paid role, we are therefore interested in people who are passionate and ready to volunteer and make the required contribution.
Board members are expected to attend three board meetings per year. They are expected to read board materials in advance of board meetings and come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions.
- Support and protect SVW Mission
- Knowledge of SVW Board Regulations including SVW Conflict of Interest Procedures
- Attendance at scheduled quarterly meetings
- Prompt response to board officeholders communications
- Review of financial reports and approval of an annual budget
- Supervise and advise Executive Director on strategic planning
- Identifying risks and opportunities for SVW and suggest suitable professionals for SVW engage in order to mitigate risk or exploit opportunities
- Annual review of Executive Director, including salary review
- Assist in strategic planning
- Assist in finding new recruits and replacement for vacant board positions
- Ensure succession planning for leadership is being followed
- Contribute according to individual ability: Financial support; Expertise; Networking and introductions.
Requirements from candidates:
- Passionate about SVW mission and goals
- Experience with nonprofit financial management or fundraising
- Commit to staying on board of SVW for a minimum 3 years and available to attend a minimum 3 times/year (can be online)
- Willingness to have some time to support staff about relevant experiences
- Understand and experience about board roles
How to apply: Applicants should send in their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter and any other supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 15th February 2019
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Phone contact: 02293 848 053 or email@example.com