[Vietnamese only] As the role of a Field Research Officer, this position will take main responsibility in developing and carrying the researching projects involving the targeted species and areas SVW is focusing.
Introduction to the recruitment job
This position is an exciting opportunity to work at the frontline of conservation for a motivated person who is excited by the idea of spreading the word about Vietnamese conservation and who is looking for experiences in searching, field work activities and project developemnt.
Duration : Permanent position candidate should be willing to work with us for a minimum 2 years.
Expected starting date: ASAP.
Salary: To be discussed.
Responsibilities of Field Research Officer
- Planning, coordinating and carrying the researching projects targeting some specific animal species in Vietnam;
- Implementing social research activities invovling huntung techniques, illegal wildlife trade and people’s attitude toward wildlife animals;
- Analyzing data and writing reports based on the results from research activites, publising figures about current population, sittuation and habitat of the animasl SVW is working on;
- Suggesting strategy from the field and social research results, in order to develop practical plans for our conservation activites;
- Developing and running training courses for rangers and university students in Vietnam.
- Must be Vietnamese; Fluency in both English and Vietnamese;
- Holding a Master or Bachelor degree from Biology, Environmental Science, Animal Management or similiar;
- Experienced in field research and/ or ecology research;
- Patient, postive attitude and good adapment in new enviroemnt;
- Team-work, eager to learn and share knowlegde with colleges;
- Be able to live in isolation and basic living coditions;
- Acceptance to work in low developed, urban areas, under diffucultt challenges;
- Passionate with SVW mission and researching acitvities;
- Attention to details, honest and do-it-all attittude;
- Strong research and analytical background including research in the field;
- Good organizational and reporting skills;
- Good interpersonal and team work skills;
- Ability to cope with pressure/meet deadlines;
- Willingness to undertake wide and frequent travels;
- Experience with Microsoft Office, photography or designing software is an advantage.
- Working in a NGO and English speaking environment;
- Working directly with International consultants;
- Opportunities for advancement in a dynamic growing organisation.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to send the updated CV and a cover letter (written in English and Vietnamese) addressing position criteria – SVW’s Community-based Project Coordinator to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM, dated 08 December 2017. Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Phone contact: 02293 848 053
Application Deadline: Friday, 08 December 2017