As the Education Outreach Department of Save Vietnam’s Wildlife continues to expand to a larger scale, we are looking for a dedicated person to fill the position of Community-based Project Coordinator and join our young and dynamic team.
Introduction to the recruitment job
This position will take main responsibility to develop and implement the social research, education outreach and community-based programs of Save Vietnam’s Wildlife at Pu Mat National Park, Nghe An Province. Besides that, this staff will join the activities of the Education Outreach Team at SVW located in Cuc Phuong National Park.
This position is an exciting opportunity to work at the frontline of conservation for a motivated person who is excited by the idea of spreading the word about Vietnamese conservation and who is keen to work in conservation education, public outreach, behavior change, reducing demands and community-based development field.
Duration: Permanent position: candidate should be willing to work with us for a minimum 2 years.
Expected starting date: ASAP.
Salary: To be discussed.
Responsibilities of Community-based Project Coordinator
- Design, oversee and conduct social research projects to understand community attitudes and motivation for hunting and using wildlife products;
- Develop and implement the alternative livelihoods for forest-based communities;
- Negotiate, facilitate and lead the meetings and workshops, and consolidate relationships with local stakeholders and potential project collaborators;
- Develop and manage education programs and awareness campaigns to improve understanding of the community on SVW’s focal species, to reduce illegal hunting, trading and wildlife consumption;
- In collaboration with other relevant team members to plan and manage training courses for rangers, students, animal keepers and young researchers;
- Supervise and manage the members and volunteers of the projects;
- Compile reports, briefing papers and other communications on the activities at the project sites;
- In collaboration with management board to raise funding for education outreach and community-based programs;
- Support in managing and operating the Carnivore and Pangolin Education Centre in Cuc Phuong National Park;
- Maintain and manage image/video and research database of the project and department.
- Must be Vietnamese; Fluency in both English and Vietnamese;
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline demonstrating understanding of the subject area;
- Professional experience in working in nature conservation and education, community based development, reduce demand and changing behavior and/or combating illegal wildlife trade;
- Relevant and proven experience in project management (i.e. project designing, writing proposal, project implementing – planning and monitoring, managing staff, project budget and reporting);
- Experience in communicating and negotiating project objectives to government agencies, non-governmental organisations, civil society, private sector and other conservation partners;
- Strong research and analytical background including research in the field;
- Experience in working with the media and good communication skills
- Good organizational and reporting skills;
- Good interpersonal and team work skills;
- Ability to cope with pressure/meet deadlines;
- Willingness to undertake wide and frequent travel
- Experience with Microsoft Office, photography and designing software is an advantage.
- Working in a NGO and English speaking environment
- Working directly with International consultants
- Opportunities for advancement in a dynamic growing organisation
How to apply
Applicants are requested to send the updated CV and a cover letter (written in English and Vietnamese) addressing position criteria – SVW’s Community-based Project Coordinator to email@example.com by 5:00 PM, dated 20 December 2017. Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Phone contact: 02293 848 053
Application Deadline: Friday, 20 December 2017